- easy to install, just open the url in a browser
- looks good
- always latest version
Some drawbacks are:
- closed source
- inefficient, they use a lot of resources
- data is not local, in general it is saved online
- updates in the user interface just happen, there is no way to keep a specific user interface
Today I was looking for Automatic replies in Office365, I didn't find it easily since the UI changed since January the last time I used Office365.
I prefer native apps because:
- users have more control (the user decides when to update)
- they are efficient and can process a lot of data
- they use little resources
- the data is local, I can search my mail in mutt or thunderbird faster than in gmail
- always available since they are installed locally
Gmail was not working for about 1 hour last week because some google authentication service had problems.