This blog is mainly articles about Linux and programming. It is updated about once a month.
You can access this blog on the web and with gemini.
I am a software engineer working for an international IT group in Sweden, I have been working with ASIC design for 14 years and since 2014 I have been working with software development.
I have got my first computer in 1983 and since then used a wide range of hardware and operating systems starting in 1983. Nowadays, I mainly use Linux at home and at work.
I had a minitel in 1985 and the services I was using the most were:
- Phone book
I have been using the internet since 1995 when I connected with a 14.4 bauds modem. In 1999 I had my first permamenent internet connection at 10MB. I started using mobile internet in 2001, my mobile phone was connected to the laptop with infrared.
- in 1983, I had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48, my friend had an Atari 2600
- in 1986, I had an Amstrad CPC 6128, my friend had an Atari ST 1040
- in 1990, I had a PC (intel 80286, 1MB, 40MB HD, VGA 256 colors) similar to Commodore PC 30
- in 1998, I used Solaris and Sun workstations
- in 2008, I bought a Macbook Air and installed Debian Linux on it
- DOS, Microsoft Windows 3.1
- Windows 95, 98, these systems were so unstable that I decided to use Linux full time (starting with Red Hat 5 in 1998)
- Windows NT, 2000, XP
- Red Hat Linux
- Debian Linux
- MacOS for developing iOS apps
- FreeBSD, DragonflyBSD, OpenBSD
How this blog is generated
I use the static blog generator called forb. Forb is written in C and build with sheepy, you can find the source code for forb at: forb git
The site is built with:
- Kore web server
- stagit static git page generator
- forb static blog generator
- Let's encrypt a nonprofit Certificate Authority
- Digital Ocean the developer cloud
- Sheepy build system and package manager for C
The markdown standard in forb is
CommonMark with tables.
- Table example:
- Link to external page:
- Image in post:
- Link to another post in blog: